First Boxing Matches On Okinawa; Marines In Action On Okinawa 06-07/1945
National Archives description "1) CU Sign describing first boxing match to be held on Okinawa.
2) MS-CU Marines check fire arms at gate-SV.
3) MS Contestants are introduced & get their instructions from referee.
4) MS Scenes of boxing match, spectators BG.
5) MS Marine passes out cigars to spectators.
6) CU Marine Corps Still Picture Photographer shooting a picture of boxers.
7) MS-LS Scenes of boxing match, spectators BG & FG.
8) CU Referee counts over contestant on the ground.
9) MS Winner is presented with small Japanese idol as trophy.
10) CU Winner poses with small Japanese idol.
11) CU Marine carries 81mm mortar ammunition.
12) CU Talker talks into telephone.
13) MS 81mm mortar crew firing mortar-SV.
14) LS Smoke screen being laid down by 81mm mortar barrage.
15) MS 81mm mortar crew in operation, man carries ammunition FG.
16) CU Man talks into telephone.
17) CU Man writes on 75mm artillery shell, it is the 100, 000th round fired by the First Battalion, 17th Marines.
18) CU Pack Howitzer firing 100, 000th round.
19) MS Gun crew operates 75mm Pack Howitzer.QUALITY: GOOD"
See also color footage at https://archive.org/details/FirstBoxingMatchesOnOkinawa
National Archives Identifier: 79519
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)